April 15, 2019 at 1:34 pm #116180
$ARYC – I am comfortable betting against the notion that any credible doomsday scenario is really on the horizon here. The only way the company fails over time is if they fail to publish fins, ever! That is frankly, unlikely, and not in anyone’s best interest. Consider the following: (in no particular order)
– They are paying a LOT of money (Tens to hundreds of thousands?) to a supposedly reputable auditing company that does not want to be dragged through the mud. Why do that if this is a scam?
– Management and employees are all shareholders. A rising tide in PPS floats all boats.
– Getting on NASDAQ is being discussed in earnest and they are apparently working with a reputable consulting company to that end. (i.e. spending money) How does that make sense if there is nothing to invest all that time and effort in?
– They have been in business for years- longer than most marriages last. This is their life’s work and legacy. Nobody wants to see everything go up in smoke, especially over a few numbers that somehow could not somehow be 100% validated (yet!).
– Effort are underway to expand production facilities to deal with increased anticipated volume from their allergy and other tests, some of which have yet to be publicly announced.
– Shareholders are welcomed to make appointments to tour the company and ask questions. Not even one opportunity for malfeasance has been reportedly come up.
– They are dealing with the big boys- the top institutions and major companies in research and medical delivery. And are doing it under the shadow of the Theranos debacle, so with uber scrutiny! And they have not suffered from a poor reputation at all. (apart from financials keeping the CE by their name)
– The company has passed multiple governmental and industrial hurdles in the process of getting to the point they are at, which has opened the door for a thriving international business with many tentacles.
– Mark and Rene enjoy stellar scientific credentials and have been slowly built toward some kind of breakthrough that is truly being acknowledged as a kind of game-changer.
etc. etc. etc.
Now- please- can anyone explain in plain English why they would not be actually working hard to get this matter of financials resolved? In what scenario does it behoove them to leave this one element unfinished and delinquent? There must be a reason that for anticipated completion being delayed at the last moment, and I don’t buy that it is purely a question of ‘incompetence’.
An intelligent investor has to stretch his or her mind beyond that level of reasoning. Everyone has their own way of making sense of this; mine is reluctantly, to trust Mark, with some reservations. There is just too much to lose and too many ways to fix it. Let’s see what tomorrow brings!
April 15, 2019 at 1:41 pm #116182April 15, 2019 at 1:43 pm #116184April 15, 2019 at 1:45 pm #116186
Good investment opportunities here
1 user thanked author for this post.April 15, 2019 at 1:48 pm #116190April 15, 2019 at 1:53 pm #116192
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.